together we thrive
Let Us Introduce Ourselves
Lindsay Lynam, Executive Director
James Belmondo, Logistics Director
Promote supportive environment for all
Integrity, empathy, collaboration, supportive and kindness
Leading individuals towards a positive, healthy home life
Together We Thrive
A New Dawn
The founders of A New Dawn for All recognize the growing need to support domestic violence victims and families to start anew. When someone is leaving a shelter or needing extra support, A New Dawn provides families with home goods (big or small) and resources so that they have one less stress for their new beginning. A New Dawn’s mission is to guide all towards positive, healthy home environments that will improve their lives as well as others in the community. A New Dawn provides mindful education and developmental opportunities for individuals to promote stable, supportive environments leading to happier, healthier lives.
What You Should Know
- More than 1 in 3 women (35.6%) and more than 1 in 4 men (28.5%) in the U.S. report having experienced rape, physical violence, and/or stalking by an intimate partner in their lifetime.
- Nearly 20 people per minute are physically abused by an intimate partner in the United States. During one year, this adds up to more than 10 million women and men.
- Nearly 1 in 4 women and 1 in 7 men have experienced severe physical violence by an intimate partner during their lifetime.
- Intimate partner violence accounts for 15% of all violent crime.
- 85% of domestic violence victims are female, and 15% are male.
- Approximately 63% of homeless women have experienced domestic violence in their adult lives.
- 28% of families were homeless because of domestic violence.
- Nearly half of all women and men in the US will experience psychological aggression by an intimate partner in their lifetime.
- Approximately 5 million children are exposed to domestic violence every year. Children exposed are more likely to attempt suicide, abuse drugs and alcohol, run away from home, engage in teenage prostitution, and commit sexual assault crimes.
- Nationally, 50% of batterers who abuse their intimate partners also abuse their children.
- Only 1 out of 3 people who are injured during a domestic violence incident will ever receive medical care for their injuries.
- Most cases of domestic violence are never reported to police.
- Men who are victimized are substantially less likely than women to report their situation to police.